I can’t believe that it’s already the end of 2015. Time to look back and learn and set some good goals for the new year. An awful lot has happened in the past year, but I can truly say that this year was about me taking control and choosing myself.
In the beginning of 2015 I wrote down my new year’s resolutions and kept them close to me all year. The most important one has been this;
‘Be a practising health coach by the end of 2015’.
Honestly, I’m not completely there yet. I haven’t yet opened my own company or acquired my first paying client. However, I’m heading in the right direction and I’m working on getting there. Slowly but surely. That counts!
My biggest wins
- Putting an end to a long-lasting but unhealthy relationship and choosing ‘me’.
- Starting my journey towards becoming a certified (and independent) health coach and being able to make a living from something that I love and find meaningful.
- A more active and healthy lifestyle where I feel I can be a good example for others.
- Building new, meaningful social relationships.
- Finishing my health coaching course and receiving my health coach certification;
- Building a blogging platform and starting a blog on healthy living; (it has a yearly review! Check out janshealthdepartment.com/2015/annual-report/)
- Build social media around the blogging platform (Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram);
- Working daily on personal growth/starting my health coach business;
- Achieving and maintaining weight loss goal;
- At least 1 healthy and planned meal per day;
- Physical activity at least 3 times per week (above 30 min day walking).
- Learn to let go of control more and set better boundaries in order to lower work-related stress.
- Motivate, coach and empower employees in their work and responsibilities.
- More aware of the importance of a positive mind-set;
- Active listening;
- Learning to recognize mental distortions – of myself and others;
- More open about my emotions.
- Life coaching sessions;
- Ending relationship after 6.5 years together;
- Receiving my health coach certificate;
- Adoption of my dog Lewis to Holland;
- Moving back to the Netherlands after over 3 years in Israel;
- Changing job position from team manager to team consultant.
Important lessons learned
- Your perception of events is more important than the event itself;
- A positive mind-set and being grateful for what you have are very important skills for being happy in life;
- You need to set your own boundaries for you, no one else will;
- ‘You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with’ – be careful to spend a lot of time with people who poison your mind with negativity.
Goals for the new year
- Open my health coaching/consultancy business;
- Become a practicing health coach;
- Grow the total amount of followers of my blog and social networks by 500%.
- Be a great example & inspiration for my clients, both physically and mentally;
- Take time for developing a creative skill – playing guitar, drawing;
- Participate in a yoga course (preferably somewhere abroad);
- Make new social connections with people who have the same professional/personal interests;
I’m curious about your goals for the new year. Wishing you a happy, healthy 2016 full with new experiences, new friendships and a whole lot of love!