Timothy Ferriss is the author of one of my favorite books of all times, The 4 Hour Workweek, a must-read about productivity and entrepreneurship. Tim Ferriss has been listed as one of Fast Company’s ‘Most Innovative Business People’ and Forbes Magazine’s ‘Names You Need to know. He’s got some great ideas about living outside the 9-to-5 mindset. Less work more play! Here are my top 10 Tim Ferriss quotes.
1) “The opposite of love is indifference, and the opposite of happiness is boredom.”
2) “You are the average of the five people you associate with most, so do not underestimate the effects of your pessimistic, unambitious, or disorganized friends. If someone isn’t making you stronger, they’re making you weaker.”
3) “The question you should be asking isn’t, ‘What do I want?’ or ‘What are my goals?’ but “What would excite me?”
4) “People will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.”
5) “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.”
6) “Being able to quit things that don’t work is integral to being a winner”
7) “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.”
8) “Focus on being productive instead of busy.”
9) “A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have.”
10) “SOMEDAY is a disease that will take your dreams tot he grave with you.”
11) “Learn to ask ‘if this is the only thing I accomplish today, will I be satisfied with my day?’ Don’t ever arrive at the office or in front of your computer without a clear list of priorities.”
12) “The key to not feeling rushed is remembering that lack of time is actually lack of priorities.”
13) “Once you say you’re going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life.”
14) “Don’t follow a model that doesn’t work. If the recipe sucks, it doesn’t matter how good a cook you are. “
15) “For all of the most important things, the timing always sucks. Waiting for a good time to quit your job? The stars will never align and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn’t conspire against you, but it doesn’t go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro and con lists are just as bad. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually,’ just do it and correct course along the way.”
- Timothy Ferriss, The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages Of Cutting-edge Content, 2009.
- Timothy Ferriss, The 4-hour Workweek: Escape9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join The New Rich, 2007.
Image courtesy of blackzheep at freedigitalphotos.net